Terceira - The Azores
TERCEIRA STATISTICS AND FACTS
- Terceira was the third island of the azorean archipelago to be discovered, in 1450
- Terceira is part of the central island group.
- Angra do Heroismo, the main city in Terceira, is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Terceira is 29 km long, 17 km at its widest with a total land area of 402 sq. km.
- The highest point Serra da Santa Barbara reaches 1021m / 3349ft in the west of the island.
- With just over 55,000 inhabitants Terceira accounts for approximately 23% of the population of the archipelago.
- Angra do Heroismo
- Serra da Santa Barbara
- Gruta do Natal
- Algar do Carv�o
- Praia da Vitoria